To send negative energy to a target using a Santa Muerte magick cursing and hexing poppet.
"The witch who cannot curse, cannot cure.
The witch who cannot hex, cannot heal."
Cursing vs. Hexing
Before getting started, it's important to understand the difference between a curse and a hex. In Santa Muerte magick, a curse typically has longer lasting effects than a hex. A curse is often considered a long term assault that could go on for years, while a hex is generally considered a short term harassment intended to work and expire quickly. For example, wishing a lifetime of poverty, unemployment, discomfort, emotional pain, physical illness, etc. on another person is an example of a curse. Wishing that somebody lose their job, experience a car breakdown, lose their cell phone, etc. is an example of a hex. Whether you decide to curse someone or hex someone is up to you.
Crafting Your Poppet:
Use black fabric or black clay to craft your poppet as described in my previous article, "How to Make and Use a Santa Muerte Magick Poppet". If possible, craft this poppet in the light of a black candle.
Since your intent here is to send a curse or hex, you should include at least two or three of the following ingredients in order to activate the negative nature of, and instill your negative intent into, the poppet. Many herbs can both harm and heal, but the inclusion of, for example, a couple of rusty nails and some cigarette butts, activates your poppet with negative energy and focuses your negative intent. Think of these as your "negativity activators":
- Graveyard Dirt
- Coffin / Rusty Nails
- Broken Glass
- Cigarette Butts
- Your Urine
- Anything else considered "yucky" or "nasty" in your neck of the woods.
LESS IS MORE - just a few pinches, few pieces, or few drops will do.
In addition to the personal items of your target and two or three "negativity activators" from the list above, also sew / incorporate one or more of the following herbal ingredients into your poppet for a specific result:
These herbs are to be placed / incorporated into your poppet whole - DO NOT GRIND.
- Cayenne Pepper - for turning up the heat on your target. May be directed as a physical heat to cause your target fever or pain, a spiritual heat to invade your target's dreams with fire and anger, or as an emotional heat to make your target angry, suspicious, and feeling like the walls are closing in.
- Lemon Verbena - for causing strife and turmoil between two people (husband and wife, parent and child, boss and employee, etc.). Create a doll for each person and place in each doll. Store the dolls near each other, but not tied together, and each will begin to irritate the other more and more, and the pair will be seen to argue or disagree more and more.
- Mandrake Root - to cause physical pain, sickness, or disease. CAUTION - known to be poisonous, avoid skin contact and store in a secure place.
- Poppy Seeds - for causing mental confusion in your target, the kind of confusion that distracts and causes one to make poor decisions. Black Mustard Seeds have the same effect.
- Tansy - for causing nightmares. CAUTION - known to be poisonous, avoid skin contact and store in a secure place.
- Tobacco - for removing energy and vitality, for causing personal stagnation, for causing impotence in men, for removing power and authority.
- Wormwood - for causing an eviction, throwing out, or firing. CAUTION - known to be poisonous, avoid skin contact and store in a secure place.
Breathing Life Into Your Poppet
Once your poppet has been constructed and incorporated with personal items from your target, two or three negativity activators, and the appropriate herbs for the kind of spell or hex you want to send to your target, your poppet is ready to come to life. Sew your poppet shut (if using a fabric poppet) and at your Santa Muerte altar, whisper into your poppet's ear:
"Target's Full Name, you are this poppet, and this poppet is you.
What I do to this poppet, may you feel it, too.
What I whisper to this poppet, may you think it true.
What I command to this poppet, may you jump to do.
Target's Full Name, you are this poppet, and this poppet is you."
Using Your Poppet
At your Santa Muerte magick altar, using black Santa Muerte style pins like the ones located here, or regular sewing pins, insert the pins into the doll in the areas where you want the curse or hex to be felt the most or, if sending a general curse or hex, then poke the pins directly into the poppet's heart or third eye. Insert two or three needles into each area you want to afflict. As you insert the pins, recite in the simplest language possible the type of pain or negative experience you want your target to experience. For example:
"Broke and unemployed" - to cause financial distress.
"Alone and unloved" - to cause emotional distress.
"Bruised and broken" - to cause physical distress.
As you insert the needles and recite the type of harm you want to inflict, visualize your victim experiencing the type of harm or discomfort you want to cause. Don't just say the words "broke and unemployed" - actually try to visualize your target standing in the unemployment line looking poor and unkempt. Don't just say "alone and unloved", actually visualize your target being yelled at by his or her significant other, or crying alone in the fetal position.
With the pins in place, hide your poppet away. The negative energy you direct to your poppet is sent for as long as the pins remain in place. The poppet is linked to your target for as long as the poppet remains whole. Feel free to use a poppet more than once, so long as it's used on the same person and for the same purpose.
Disposing of Your Poppet
When you no longer require a link to your target, you may dispose of your poppet using the instructions outlined in my post How to Dispose of Magick Trash.
Check out these awesome skull topped pins.
Perfect for poppet magick with the Santa Muerte.
Find them HERE.